[ cape files ]
The basic goal is to go from analog inputs to the DSP, and back to the real world! And of course, there are more complex codecs with in-built pre-amps and mic biasing support (preferable!)
[ CS4270 ]
The “heart” of our shield, giving microprocessors the audio equivalent of
the improbability drive “warp drive”: executing millions of instructions every second…
[ SigmaDSP ]
- ADAU1701 [ potential app ]
- [ eval ]
- audio (automotive)
- Drag and drop design tool (makers would be happy, hackers not so much)
[ C55x ]
[ SHARC ]
- high end audio
- possibly overkill for this project, but we have to get to it sometime!
[ BlackFin ]
- This [ design ] uses MEMS mics!
- speech/image/video processing
- Arduino [ UNO ]
- [ Raspberry Pi ]
- BeagleBone [ Black ]
- Sitara ARM Cortex A8 32-bit RISC
- Composer Studio on [ Linux ]!
- mbed [ LPC1768 ]
- Intel [ Edison ]
[ Lining Yao ]
[ SMT breakout ]
Unused audio inputs on a chip? AC couple to audio ground (caps!) [ source ]
Lazer cutting [ mylar ] for making a soldering stencil.
Dr Anderson’s PCB design tips
- 4 layers might help with isolating the analog inputs (shield between ground planes?)
- Having fewer, more complex ICs doesn’t mean that the PCB would have to be more involved. Things might just get simpler with all the integration.