[ BeagleBoardBeginners ] [ IBM developers booting linux ] [ TimeSys ]
The SD card does have content on it, but nothing comes up in my /dev.tty* list that I can screen to. There needs to be another way of sneaking to see what (if anything) is going on during the boot.
I did not break this adapter, just pulled a bit (too much?) on an already falling-apart case to see what was inside!
[ Category: ECE497 ] <– its Mark Yoder again! DSP First!
[ class topics ]: now is a great time to take this class. Quite a few things sound familiar 🙂
[ Priyank Patel on DSP ]
Now, adding a DSP to a bone seems funny when there was another board supporting just that!
The original Beagle and the xM has both an ARM and a DSP, you could choose to focus on either.
I decided to focus on Linux running on the ARM since the Bones don’t have a DSP.
[ BeagleBoard OMAP ]
A minor variation on [ Daniel Jackson ]’s [ design ]
[ Example 6 ]
r for running the code: r
b for adding a break point to a line: b [line number]
c for continuing execution to the next break point: c
p for printing a variable’s value: p [variable name]
s for setting (re?)-assigning a variable: s [variable name] = [value]
[ manual way ]
In my case, it looks the flash drive had already gotten mounted [ thanks to dabl ]
sudo blkid -c /dev/null -o list
I can see the files, but the drive still might not be mounted, as I can’t unmount it!
Today’s goal was to have the Uno/c5515 ezDSP adapter’s schematic done, laid out, and milled. I resorted to using Eagle’s auto-router, and got very thin traces. Went in changed the thicknesses, and moving the traces around to organize space better. No milling today – so the plan is to modify the schematic again and add support for SPI / UART (through level shifters) and SAR-ADC inputs (precisions resistors for voltage dividers!)
James’ chemistry setup on the roof! The left container has de-ionized water, and the right one had Cu plates suspended (electrochemistry 101!)
Looking at the copper plated vias under a microscope. The point is to fill in Cu along the cylindrical drill holes’ surface, so both sides of the board can be in contact. The conducting ink helps get the Cu deposits targeted.
This is what the whole board looks like. Pink, with interesting deposits / patterns:
No plating on the edge of the Cu sheet, because it wasn’t completely immersed in the bath!
Tsz and I are putting together a little bill of materials (for our CircuitCo audio cape mod!)
It turns out that we need to watch out for the pad sizes, obsolete parts, and parts that can actually be ordered in quantities less than 10000!
Also, looks like it would take James 6 hours to get our board done! Plating and vias…wooo!
Made another symbol in Eagle! This one is for I2C level shifting. Also edited SamTec’s MEC-1 pads to accomodate a key on Pin 21. Really happy that Spectrum Digital’s pin numbering is consistent, with pins 21 and 22 missing!