With a successfully flashed SD card, we went ahead to add an IP to the pi’s config.txt. To reduce ambiguity, we made a new ethernet connection with a manually assigned IP on our ‘host’, and just switched the last digit of this IP for the pi! Next, it seemed like with the pi up and running (though not completely configured), pinging would be a quick test to see if things worked. Well, pinging didn’t.
I don’t know how pinging really works, anyway.
But [ SSH ] did!
The second successful SSH of my life. So happy!
Besides, finally graduated to [ shutting down ], instead of just pulling the power cord out:
Now to figure out how to get the python engine plugging and chugging…